Down to Earth provides direct, practical support to people facing the emotional and financial challenges of funeral planning while on a low income.
Our training enables professionals to understand what funeral poverty is, and how you can successfully support your clients at this difficult time.
We want professionals across the UK to be equipped to support people who are considering the costs of a funeral, planning a funeral or facing funeral debt.
What you’ll get out of it
- An understanding of how grief affects people and their ability to make major financial decisions;
- Confidence in speaking to people about death, dying and arranging a funeral;
- Awareness of the range of funeral options and the cost implications of these choices;
- Knowledge of ways to help your clients raise and save money when planning a funeral;
- A clear understanding of the eligibility criteria for statutory bereavement benefits and payments.
What your clients will gain
Improved support and confidence to explore funeral options that align their wishes, needs and budget;
Knowledge and awareness to avoid going into debt due to funeral costs;
More options to explore when raising money to help pay for the funeral.
What is covered
- Communicating with bereaved clients - language, tone and terminology;
- Understanding bereavement costs and elements of a funeral bill;
- Raising money and reducing costs in funeral planning;
- Understanding statutory bereavement payments and grants;
- Accessing non-statutory funding.
Booking and payment options
Check out our price bands and terms and conditions.
Want to know more about our work in this area? Check out how we fight funeral poverty across the UK.