Gain skills and knowledge to better support your clients in this practical and interactive workshop.
1 day course
My boss couldn't believe the price differences. I managed to get a cremation for only £1080 by shopping around. Really great training.
Do you come into occasional contact with clients facing a bereavement? This workshop addresses the practical and communication skills you need to better support clients to avoid debt and distress caused by high funeral costs.
Is this for you?
Bereavement is a significant, life-changing event and it can be difficult to discuss. Focused on those providing direct support to people but with less experience in discussing bereavement, this workshop empowers you to help clients with life-limiting or life-threatening conditions, or who have experienced a sudden bereavement.
If you have more experience of discussing bereavement with clients, try our 1/2 day course to support clients with funeral planning.
What you’ll get out of it
An understanding of how grief affects people and their ability to make major financial decisions;
Confidence in speaking to people about death, dying and arranging a funeral;
- Awareness of the range of funeral options and the cost implications of these choices;
- Knowledge of ways to help your clients raise and save money when planning a funeral;
- A clear understanding of the eligibility criteria for statutory bereavement benefits and payments.
What your clients will gain
- Improved support and confidence to explore funeral options that align their wishes, needs and budget;
- Knowledge and awareness to avoid going into debt due to funeral costs;
- More options to explore when raising money to help pay for the funeral.
What is covered
- Communicating with bereaved clients - language, tone and terminology;
- Understanding bereavement costs and elements of a funeral bill;
- Raising money and reducing costs in funeral planning;
- Understanding statutory bereavement payments and grants;
- Accessing non-statutory funding.
Booking and payment options
Check out our price bands and terms and conditions.
Partners of the charity could be eligible for a 20% discount. Please get in touch to find out.
Our training is developed from frontline, real-world experience. Find out more about our impact and expertise.