The van assistant (voluntary) supports our drivers to collect donated furniture and deliver to our customers in east London.
For over 25 years Homestore has provided good quality, affordable, re-use furniture to families - helping them to make a home while avoiding unecessary debt.
We are currently looking for a volunteer van assistant with the following:
- Friendly, understanding personality when engaging with customers face to face;
- Physical fitness good enough to help move furniture. We provide trolleys and barrows to make the job easier;
- Co-operative with other staff and volunteers, and have a positive outlook;
- A good working knowledge of spoken and written English;
- Reliability and able to be on time.
A typical day might include:
- Helping to load and prepare our delivery vans for their daily delivery runs;
- Safely and carefully collecting furniture from donor’s homes and delivering it back to the showroom;
- Keeping the showroom safe and tidy;
- Communicating with customers to advise them of their delivery and collection times.
7-14 hours per week (1 or 2 days, Monday - Friday), for a minimum of 3 months.
QSA pays reasonable travel costs from your home to Homestore, and up to £6 for lunch per full day.
If you have further questions about this role please contact us.